We investigate to take lesson learned, implement preventive measures, and to prevent recurrence of adverse events. Investigating an adverse event is like peeling an onion. We start with the direct causes that are the most visible. To get to the bottom of the events, we must uncover "layer upon layer" to discover the causes behind. Technological development and new organizational structures lead to an increase in complexity, and it becomes more difficult to understand the connection between an incident and the underlying causes of an incident. This course presents method, organisation, and process for conducting investigations.
- Description and classification of adverse events
- Organising an investigation
- Handling information and evidence
- The loss-causation model
- The MTO model
- The STEP model
- Reporting and follow-up
HOW WILL THIS COURSE BENEFIT ME, AND MY COMPANY?
After completing the module, participants will understand what inquiry is and to the various stages of the investigation process. Participants will also learn about how the investigation is led and implemented in practice.
WHO SHOULD HAVE THIS COURSE?
- Target group: Installation Managers land and offshore, Project Managers, Line Managers and other personnel whom is to conduct or participate in investigation teams.
- Sector: Oil and gas, Energy, and other industry.
- Course type: E-learning
- Prerequisites: None
- Assessment: Online exam
- Duration: 3-5 hours