This course provides an introduction to chemical management, risk assessment of health in relation to work with chemicals. The course is based on the use of ChemiRisk as a tool for risk assessment and CHESS as chemical database. The course will give you the background you need to:
- Understand basic concepts necessary to carry out a chemical health risk assessment
- Understand basic principles for chemical management and use of the chemical database
- Carry out a risk evaluation of work with chemicals using ChemiRisk
- Use and administer chemicals in the common database (CHESS)
- Theory: gives the theoretical background needed to carry out a chemical health risk assessment. The lesson will also briefly explain what a safety data sheet is, what a chemical database is, and present various aspects of risk evaluation.
- Chemical Inventory: introduction to CHESS and what you can use this system for as a HMS coordinator.
- ChemiRisk: presentation of the risk evaluation tool, ChemiRisk and how to use the tool in risk evaluation of work with hazardous chemicals.
HOW WILL THIS COURSE BENEFIT ME, AND MY COMPANY?
After completing the module, participants will have sufficient knowledge to carry out own chemical risk evaluations, and contribute to chemical management in the company.
WHO SHOULD HAVE THIS COURSE?
- Target group: Employees working with chemical management and using ChemiRsk.
- Course type: E-learning
- Prerequisites: Basic knowledge about handling of chemicals
- Assessment: Online exam
- Duration: 2hours